- It's already cumbersome to just create simple reports.
- Why do we have to implement all measures and key data on our own?
- There is no possibility to drill into detail data.
- Multi star respectively cube comparison is not supported.
- We want to keep using Excel with Smart View instead of Oracle BI Answers.
- OBIEE isn't the BI tool to use.
After a superficial review taking just some minutes we had a clear and unfortunately horrible picture. Clients' current solution is mixing dimensions and facts ignoring common usability aspects. Our statement after verifying the Oracle BI source code: "We would never roll out such a repository to our customers." We received the impression that Oracle BI application was build with nearly no OBIEE know-how. Thus, users' dissatisfaction is comprehensible.
All issues above come along with this fact. We arranged a 1.5 days workshop to gather and understand users' needs. Simultaneously we managed to create a positive perspective on how Oracle BI can support and solve existing business requirements. In comparison to the starting point a turnaround.
To prove we will build a customer specific prototype within one day and outline the next steps to perform. In the end we are sure to have an up and running OBIEE application fulfilling our new clients' requirements.