- Implement a custom prototype to show OBIEE power.
- Analyze OBIEE repository implementation in detail.
- Outline a solution recommendation to implement a running OBIEE application.
Our detailed review just acknowledged our picture from the first superficial review. Our statement was clear and easy: "Don't use or roll out the current OBIEE repository source code." A software sytem should be sound, robust, with good performance, fault-tolerant and easy to refine. This one reached none of these criteria. From a expert perspective a complete new build of the OBIEE repository is easier and more cost-saving to perform than revising the current version.
What are the next steps to perform? There are just ten working days left until planned application launch - that's a challenge that we accept with pleasure! We recommended the following steps:
- Create a logical OBIEE model using the current data warehouse objects.
- Only substitute data warehouse tables if absolutely necessary.
- Identify and define an optimized target model balancing OBIEE and data warehouse.
- Implement interim solutions if necessary to succeed on upcoming milestone.
- Plan, design and implement a state of the art OBIEE solution after first rollout.