- We need all this data to get the information needed.
- The business question is a detailed one and they just seek for one specific information.
- How to gather and calculate the required information on available data?
- How to visualise the information to recognise context fast and easy?
Question: "Is there a correlation on sales volume between number of customers and products assigned to a salesperson? If yes, which situation is the best one for increased turnover?"
It's not possible to find the correct answers within seconds when just regarding the table. But when visualising the demand with a bubble chart you get a quick win:
Horizontal axis shows number of products and vertical axis indicates number of customers. Green indicates a high turnover for a salesperson (represented by a bubble), blue a normal and red a low one. The answers are:
- Yes, there is a correlation!
- Increasing the number of customers assigned to a salesperson seems to have a positive effect on turnover, but they shouldn't have to sell too much or too less products.
When finding an accumulation of equally coloured bubbles in a bubble chart, then you possibly found a relationship between the other figures applied.