1. OBIEE Project Success - Introduction
2. OBIEE Projects - Suspect Requests
3. OBIEE Projects - Typical Error Scenarios
4. OBIEE Projects - Turn-Around Approach
5. OBIEE Projects - Criteria for Fast Success and Assessment
6. OBIEE Projects - Solution Process
Customer requests nearly always seem to be quite simple in the beginning. Just two examples what clients ask for in OBIEE projects already taking about 6 months up to 3 years implementation time:
- Oracle BI query performance is completely unacceptable: generated SQL queries are slow and SQL code covers several pages.
- Business wants to use Oracle Smart View for Office: users want to use Excel pivot tables and they need the ability to calculate their own figures.
- OBIEE performance is more a structural factor than a detailed one, e.g. to find a missing database index isn't really difficult or time-consuming for an expert. If already simple queries from a business perspective are slow and OBIEE generates several pages of SQL code for these queries then the probability for a wrong OBIEE configuration and a crude data warehouse design is very high. By the way, a real expert will deliver a system with good performance from the beginning. He tells you what to do to achieve acceptable OBIEE performance beforehand.
- It's the same for using OBIEE Smart View as described above. OBIEE pivot functionality is really good and calculation of your own figures within OBIEE is a standard functionality. So, if the client solution doesn't provide such functionalities then there is at least an OBIEE training gap or in the worst case Oracle BI is configured that bad that it cannot unfold its power.
Any questions? We provide Oracle BI expert support & coaching regarding all relevant OBIEE topics like architecture, security, configuration, reporting and mobile.