1. OBIEE Project Success - Introduction
2. OBIEE Projects - Suspect Requests
3. OBIEE Projects - Typical Error Scenarios
4. OBIEE Projects - Turn-Around Approach
5. OBIEE Projects - Criteria for Fast Success and Assessment
6. OBIEE Projects - Solution Process
At first we ask different users and stakeholders to describe the current situation. Response is often very impressive:
- Even simple reports are very labor-intensive.
- All figures in OBIEE Answers (or newer Analysis ;-) ) need to be created by users themselves, because supplier says that's the only way to create calculations.
- Detailed data is not available dynamically.
- Star schema combination isn’t possible.
- Excel is much more powerful than OBIEE Answers.
- For item 1-3: OBIEE configuration is technically wrong and previous developers didn't understand OBIEE multilevel calculation logic.
- For item 4: OBIEE is at least incomplete configured.
- To solve item 5 users typically need some expert training. Please have a look to our presentation Tricks with Oracle BI Answers and training class OBIEE Analyses Insights.
Our assumptions are confirmed just verifying such a small section. It's a really nice example for a bad OBIEE repository presentation layer implementation:
- There are technical names at GUI level.
- No business structure is applied (dimension attributes are mixed).
- No time dimension or figures are available.
Any questions? We provide Oracle BI expert support & coaching regarding all relevant OBIEE topics like architecture, security, configuration, reporting and mobile.